The Embassy of the United States of America in Moldova is excited to announce that 2024-2025 Global UGRAD, a fully funded academic and cultural exchange program for undergraduate students interested in studying in the United States is officially open! Visit https://md.usembassy.gov/global-undergraduate-exchange-program-global-ugrad/ to learn more, confirm your eligibility, and start your application.
Application deadline: December 15th, 2023.
The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD) provides opportunities for current undergraduate students to spend one academic semester of full-time, non-degree study at a U.S. university or community college. Participants are selected through an open, merit-based competition. This program is administered by the U.S. Embassy in cooperation with World Learning.
Participants live in campus housing facilities with American peers and are required to participate in twenty hours of community service. In addition to chosen courses, participants are required to take one, 3-credit U.S. studies course to enhance their understanding of the United States.
- Applicants must have citizenship and live permanently in the Republic of Moldova (permanent residents of the Transnistrian region may be considered regardless of citizenship)
- Applicants must be studying at a university in Moldova and should be enrolled in full-time undergraduate programs. Applicants must have one full year remaining at their home institution after the Global UGRAD Program year. (Students with a 3-year undergraduate university program at their home institution can apply in their first year, students with a 4-year undergraduate university program can apply in their first and second year.)
- Applicants should demonstrate leadership potential through academic work, community involvement, and extracurricular activities.
- Applicants must have completed secondary education in Moldova;
- Applicants must have a solid command of written and spoken English (English Language training for some finalists is possible);
- Applicants must be able to begin studies in the U.S. in August 2024 or January 2025 (selected applicants may not choose their semester of participation)
- Preference will be given to those who have had little or NO experience in the U.S. or outside of Moldova.
- Applicants are required to return directly to Moldova after the completion of the program.
- Applicants must be eligible for a U.S. J-1 visa. Program participants must return to and reside in Moldova for two years after completion of their program
- Applicants are over 18 years of age at the moment of application.
Application and Program Timeline:
Applications will be accepted from November 1, 2023 to December 15, 2023 for the 2024-2025 academic year. Participants will be placed at a U.S. university in either the fall 2024 semester (August – December 2024) or spring 2025 semester (January to May 2025).
Application Deadline: December 15, 2023
The applications will be available starting from November 1, 2023 on the following link: Global UGRAD Application Information and Link
For more program information please visit: https://www.worldlearning.org/program-pages/global-ugrad/global-ugrad-students/
To find out more information about the program, we invite you to watch a short informative video https://youtu.be/WEmd9CMQkp4 , and if you want to get inspired by former participants, watch their testimonials here: https://youtu.be/Sbrg5MamNws and https://youtu.be/6jv14DxQi_Y
If you have questions, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org