Demonstration Alert – U.S. Embassy Chisinau, Moldova (May 16, 2019)
Location: Along Strada Bucuresti in downtown Chisinau
Event: Supporters of LGBTI rights will participate in a Solidarity March on Sunday, May 19, at 12 noon. Several hundred people will likely participate and police presence will likely be heavy. Disruptions to traffic should be expected.
Counter-protests are likely to occur. Individuals may instigate violence. In the past, isolated physical confrontations have occurred but were limited by police actions to protect and/or evacuate participants.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area of the march
- Expect traffic delays and road closures
- Keep a low profile
- Exercise increased awareness
- U.S. Embassy Chisinau, Moldova
+373 22 40 8300
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444