Demonstration Alert – U.S. Embassy Chisinau, Moldova – July 1, 2018
Location: Chisinau from the Parliament Building on Stefan cel Mare Boulevard to the Democratic Party (PDM) headquarters (44/3 Armeneasca St.) and GBS headquarters (1/1 Cantemir St.).
Event: A large demonstration is planned to take place on Sunday, July 1, beginning at 1400. The group is protesting the invalidation of the recent Chisinau mayoral election.
Demonstration planners have called for repeat demonstrations every Sunday through the end of August.
While all recent demonstrations have been peaceful, they may turn violent at any time.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests
- Monitor local media for updates
- Expect traffic delays and road closures
- Keep a low profile
- U.S. Embassy Chisinau, Moldova
+373 22 40 8300
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Moldova Country Information
- Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter