The U.S. Embassy informs U.S. citizens that the organization, Youth of Moldova (Tinerii Moldovei), is planning a protest on Friday, December 23, at noon near the National Palace (Palatul Republicii) to coincide with the inauguration ceremony of the new Moldovan President.
Demonstrations and large events intended to be peaceful can turn violent at any time. Personnel should avoid areas of demonstrations, and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations. Demonstrations in one city have the potential to lead to additional public rallies or demonstrations in other locations around the city and country.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution , Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Moldova Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Moldova, located at 103 Str. Alexei Mateevici, at +373 22 408-300 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is+373 22 237-345/408-445.
- Call 1-888-407-4747toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.