The American Embassy in Chisinau protects and promotes American interests and develops relations with Moldova through contacts with Moldovan government, business, labor, agriculture, media and education leaders.
Led by the United States Ambassador, the Embassy team:
- Explains and advocates the position of the United States Government on bilateral and multi-lateral political, economic, social, and scientific issues.
- Reports to the United States Government positions taken in Moldova on issues of interest to it.
- Carries out a wide-ranging assistance program designed to help promote democracy and a strong market economy in Moldova.
- Promotes the sale of American goods and services and American business interests in Moldova and the region.
- Provides protection and documentary services to United States citizens and visa and other documentary services to foreign nationals.
- Facilitates cultural and educational exchange between the United States and Moldova. Maintains contact between the Moldovan military services and their United States counterparts and facilitates cooperative activities in the region.
- Areas of particular interest shared by both countries include development of democracy and strong market economies in the Newly Independent States and the creation of a strong security framework and institutions in Europe.