The Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement (Fulbright TEA) Program will bring international secondary-level teachers to the United States for a six-week program to take academic seminars for professional development at a host university and to observe and share their expertise with teachers and students at the host university and at local secondary schools.
Teachers are nominated to participate in the Fulbright TEA Program based on their educational and professional experience, academic training, and leadership. Upon returning home, teachers will be expected to share the knowledge and experience gained on the program with teachers and students in their home schools and within their communities.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Current secondary-level, full-time teachers of English, English as a Foreign Language (EFL), math, science, or social studies including special education teachers in those subjects at institutions serving primarily a local population;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- Minimum of three years of experience of full-time teaching by the start of program, with a preference for those who have completed at least five years of full-time experience;
- Demonstrated oral and written English language proficiency;
- Citizen and resident of participating Fulbright TEA country;
- Other requirements as indicated in the application.
For more information on the program please check the web-site: https://www.irex.org/program/opportunity-international-teachers-fulbright-teaching-excellence-and-achievement-program-0
The deadline for submitting your application is April 18, 2022. Check the Application Guide on how to complete the Online Application available here: https://fulbright.irex.org/Account/Login. If you are experiencing any technical difficulties and you cannot find an answer in the Online Application Guide, please send a message to email@example.com to receive guidance from IREX. For any other questions, please contact Victoria Ghelbet, English Language Coordinator, at GhelbetVS@state.gov.
- Online Application Guide for Applicant (PDF 1 MB)