The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD) provides opportunities for current undergraduate students to spend one academic semester of full-time, non-degree study at a U.S. university or community college. Participants are selected through an open, merit-based competition. This program is administered by the U.S. Embassy in cooperation with World Learning.
Participants live in campus housing facilities with American peers and are required to participate in twenty hours of community service. In addition to chosen courses, participants are required to take one, 3-credit U.S. studies course to enhance their understanding of the United States.
- Applicants must have citizenship and live permanently in the Republic of Moldova (permanent residents of the Transnistrian region may be considered regardless of citizenship)
- Applicants must be studying at a university in Moldova and should be enrolled in full-time undergraduate programs. Participants must have at least one semester to complete at their home institutions upon completion of the Global UGRAD Program.
- Applicants should demonstrate leadership potential through academic work, community involvement, and extracurricular activities.
- Applicants must have completed secondary education in Moldova;
- Applicants must have a solid command of written and spoken English (English Language training for some finalists is possible);
- Applicants must be able to begin studies in the U.S. in August 2022 or January 2023 (selected applicants may not choose their semester of participation)
- Preference will be given to those who have had little or NO experience in the U.S. or outside of Moldova.
- Applicants are required to return directly to Moldova after the completion of the program.
- Applicants must be eligible for a U.S. J-1 visa. Program participants must return to and reside in Moldova for two years after completion of their program
- Applicants are over 18 years of age at the moment of application.
Every year the program is announced in early November with on-line application due by late December.
The application period will close on January 6, 2022.
For more info please visit: https://www.worldlearning.org/program/global-undergraduate-exchange-program/
If you have questions, please write to: email@example.com