Hello English Language Educators! Are you interested in expanding your knowledge and skill level as a teacher? Interested in taking an online course developed by a U.S. university? Apply to be part of the Online Professional English Network (OPEN) program through the U.S. Embassy’s Regional English Language Office in Chisinau today! Applications are open through July 17, 2020 for 8-week courses that begin in fall 2020. Options for course topics include English as a Medium of Instruction (EMI), TESOL Methodology, Professional Development for Teacher Trainers, and Integrating Critical Thinking into the Classroom. Certificates and digital badges are issued by the U.S. Department of State for all those who pass the course. Email email@example.com for more information and to request an application form.
Are you an English teacher looking for professional development opportunities?
The Online Professional English Network (OPEN) Program offers 8-week, online university-level courses in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) developed by U.S. educational institutions.
What courses are available?
- Using Educational Technology
- Critical Thinking in the Classroom
- Teaching Grammar Communicatively
- Teaching English to Young Learners (under 12 years old)
- Content Based Instruction
- TESOL Methodology
- Professional Development for Teacher Trainers
- English as a Medium of Instruction (EMI)
Who can apply?
- Be an English language professional
- Have strong English language reading and writing skills
- Be a citizen of the country in which you are living
- Be living in your country for the entire duration of the AE E-Teacher term
- Have regular and reliable access to high-speed internet connection
- Be able to spend 10 to 12 hours online each week for the duration of the 8-week course
- Be willing to be enrolled in a second or third course, if your primary choice is unavailable
- Fall 2020 AE E-Teacher Participant Flyer (pdf 350 KB)
- Course description: Fall 2020 Course descriptions (pdf 248 KB)
- Application Form: Fall 2020 AE E-Teacher Application (doc 166 KB)