Eligibility and Application Overview
Candidates should be highly motivated teachers, teacher trainers, or ministry officials who are both dedicated to their own professional development and willing to share their knowledge with colleagues. Qualified candidates should:
- Be a citizen of and reside in the nominating country at the time of the course
- Not hold dual citizenship in the United States
- Have the ability to complete academic work at a U.S. university level (CEFR approximately B2)
- Have at least 8-10 hours per week to devote to coursework
- Have regular access (4-5 times per week) to a reliable, internet-enabled device
- Have an understanding of English technical terms
- Have basic technology skills related to creating usernames and passwords, using credentials to log in to secured websites, using email, searching the internet, and accessing and managing electronic files (e.g., pdf, MS Word, Excel), including downloading and uploading files.
- Have the ability to type in English well enough to participate in online discussions and submit written assignments in a timely manner
For more details, please check
- the OPEN Program page
- the OPEN Program Spring 2022 Course Descriptions (PDF 218 KB)
- the OPEN Program Application ( .docx 174 KB)
Submit your application by February 5, 2022, to: GhelbetVS@state.gov. Only selected teachers will be notified about their status!