U.S. assistance is helping Moldova become a democratic and economically prosperous state, anchored in Europe, secure within its internationally recognized borders, and governed by effective, transparent, and accountable institutions. The United States is achieving these goals by providing assistance to strengthen democratic institutions, especially the justice sector, and to promote a more dynamic civil society and media environment; improve the business-regulatory environment, enhance private sector competitiveness, develop export-oriented, high-value agriculture; and help Moldova take advantage of the trade benefits of its Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Agreement (DCFTA) with the European Union. These efforts will open new markets for Moldovan exports and foster continued integration with Europe. U.S. programs will maintain a focus on democratic reform, anti-corruption initiatives, and increased transparency.
More information about Moldova is available from the Department of State and other sources, some of which are listed below:
- Human Rights Country Report - MOLDOVA
The annual Country Reports on Human Rights Practices – the Human Rights Reports – cover internationally recognized individual, civil, political, and worker rights, as set forth in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and other international agreements. The U.S. Department of State submits reports on all countries receiving assistance and all United Nations member states to the U.S. Congress in accordance with the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 and the Trade Act of 1974.
- 2018 Human Rights Report (PDF 368 KB) Romanian (PDF 555 KB) Russian (PDF 577 KB)
- 2017 Human Rights Report (PDF 248 KB) Romanian (PDF 576 KB)
- 2016 Human Rights Report (PDF 267 KB) Romanian (PDF 620 KB) Russian (PDF 477 KB)
- 2015 Human Rights Report (PDF 445 KB) Russian (PDF 520 KB)
- 2014 Human Rights Report (PDF 232 KB) Romanian (PDF 504 KB) Russian (PDF 504 KB)
- 2013 Human Rights Report (PDF 216 KB)
- International Religious Freedom Report - MOLDOVA
The annual Report to Congress on International Religious Freedom – the International Religious Freedom Report – describes the status of religious freedom in every country. The report covers government policies violating religious belief and practices of groups, religious denominations and individuals, and U.S. policies to promote religious freedom around the world.
- 2018 International Religious Freedom Report (PDF 202 KB)
- 2017 International Religious Freedom Report – (Romanian PDF 670 KB)
- 2016 International Religious Freedom Report (PDF 182 KB)
- 2015 International Religious Freedom Report – (Romanian PDF 226 KB) (Russian PDF 290 KB)
- 2014 International Religious Freedom Report (PDF 79 KB)
- 2013 International Religious Freedom Report (PDF 62 KB)
- 2012 International Religious Freedom Report
- Trafficking in Persons Report - MOLDOVA
The Trafficking in Persons (TIP) Report is the U.S. Government’s principal diplomatic tool to engage foreign governments on human trafficking. It is also the world’s most comprehensive resource of governmental anti-human trafficking efforts and reflects the U.S. Government’s commitment to global leadership on this key human rights and law enforcement issue. It represents an updated, global look at the nature and scope of trafficking in persons and the broad range of government actions to confront and eliminate it. The U.S. Government uses the TIP Report to engage foreign governments in dialogues to advance anti-trafficking reforms and to combat trafficking and to target resources on prevention, protection and prosecution programs. Worldwide, the report is used by international organizations, foreign governments, and nongovernmental organizations alike as a tool to examine where resources are most needed. Freeing victims, preventing trafficking, and bringing traffickers to justice are the ultimate goals of the report and of the U.S Government’s anti-human trafficking policy.
- 2019 Trafficking in Person’s Report (PDF 76 KB)
- 2018 Trafficking in Persons Report (Romanian PDF 227 KB)
- 2017 Trafficking in Persons Report – (PDF 96 KB)
- 2016 Trafficking in Persons Report – (Romanian PDF 276 KB) (Russian PDF 209 KB)
- 2015 Trafficking in Persons Report
- 2014 Trafficking in Persons Report
- 2013 Trafficking in Persons Report
- 2012 Trafficking in Persons Report (PDF 233 KB)