*UPDATE* Security Alert – U.S. Embassy Chisinau, Moldova (August 27, 2022)
Event: Bomb threats have been reported at the Chisinau International Airport and Parliament today, August 27, 2022. Locations have been evacuated and Moldovan police are investigating each location. Please monitor local news sources for updates.
Bomb threats have been reported recently in various locations in Moldova. Moldovan police investigating each of the reported bomb threats were able to clear the locations and never found evidence of a bomb. These recent incidents underscore the need to exercise good situational awareness and report anything suspicious to local authorities.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid crowds.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Ensure travel documents are valid and easily accessible.
- Visit the Embassy’s webpage to view the most recent safety and security alerts for U.S. citizens.
- U.S. Embassy Chisinau, Moldova: +373 22 40 8300
- State Department – Consular Affairs telephone: +1 (202)-501-4444 (from overseas) or +1 (888) 407-4747 (from the U.S.)
- Moldova Country Specific Information
- Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter