Security Alert – U.S. Embassy Chisinau, Moldova (January 10, 2020)
Event: Heightened Middle East Tensions
The State Department is advising U.S. citizens of heightened security risks worldwide in light of increased tensions in the Middle East.
U.S. Embassy Chisinau reminds U.S. citizens of the need for caution and awareness of personal security and to review emergency procedures, as outlined in the State Department’s Worldwide Caution Travel Advisory.
The Embassy will continue to review the situation and provide additional information as needed.
Recommendations to U.S. Citizens Worldwide:
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- If you witness or hear gunfire, explosions or other indicators of immediate danger, seek cover immediately and exit the vicinity at the first safe opportunity.
- Once in a safe location, notify local authorities by dialing 112. You may also contact the U.S. Embassy (info below) if you believe American citizens were harmed or remain in immediate danger.
- U.S. Embassy Chisinau, Moldova
+373 22 40 8300
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Moldova Country Specific Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter