The U.S. Embassy in Moldova is pleased to announce the annual competitions for the Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD) for the 2019-2020 academic year.
Global UGRAD provides a diverse group of emerging student leaders with a scholarship for one semester of non-degree academic study at a U.S. college or university. The program is sponsored by the U.S Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, and aims to recruit participants from underrepresented, non-elite backgrounds, who have not had other opportunities to study in the United States. Successful applicants can expect an in-depth exposure to U.S. society, culture, and academic institutions, as well as opportunities to enhance their professional skills.
All participants will be enrolled in full-time, non-degree, undergraduate course work chosen from their host institution’s existing curriculum. Participants will be required to take one, 3-credit U.S. studies course to enhance their understanding of the United States. Participants will live in campus housing facilities with American peers, and will be required to participate in twenty hours of community service. There will also be a virtual arrival orientation and an in-person end-of-program workshop.
- Applicants must be a citizen of Moldova.
- Applicants must be studying in Moldova.
- Scholarships will be granted to students who currently are enrolled in full-time undergraduate programs only, having completed a minimum of their first semester of study by January 2019. Participants must have at least one semester or an equivalent term to complete at their home institutions upon completion of the Global UGRAD Program.
- Applicants should demonstrate leadership potential through academic work, community involvement, and extracurricular activities.
- Applicants must achieve minimum TOEFL score of 45ibt.
- Preference will be given to those who have had little or NO experience in the U.S. or outside of Moldova.
- Applicants are required to return directly to Moldova after the completion of the program.
- Applicants are over 18 years of age at the moment of application.
Application opens on November 1, 2018 and closes on December 31, 2018 at 5:00 pm EST. For more info and application please visit: www.worldlearning.org/ugrad and send questions to: email@example.com