The U.S. Embassy in Moldova is pleased to announce the 2015 annual competitions for the Fulbright Scholar Program, the Fulbright Faculty Development Program, the Fulbright Foreign Student Program and the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program for the 2016-2017 academic year.
The Fulbright Scholar Program awards non-degree grants to senior researchers, university lecturers, or experts in various fields who have a doctoral degree, or equivalent professional experience, to conduct research in the United States.
The Fulbright Faculty Development Program provides Moldovan junior university professors who have at least two years of professional experience an opportunity to explore curriculum development and teaching methodology in the United States.
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program enables young professionals from Moldova to study for one year or longer at U.S. universities to pursue Master’s level study in any field except medicine. (Program availability contingent on confirmation of funding.)
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program is a one-year, full scholarship program offered to mid-career professionals who have a proven track record of leadership, public service commitment, and the capacity to take full advantage of a self-defined program of independent study at one of the leading universities in the United States. The program awards a certificate from the U.S. Government, but it is not designed to deliver an advanced degree.
- Citizenship of the Republic of Moldova and permanent residence in the country (permanent residents of the Transnistrian region may be considered regardless of citizenship).
- Eligibility for a U.S. J-1 visa (two-year home-country residence requirement).
- A detailed statement of proposed activity for research or study objectives at a U.S. institution
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Experience in the field. For the Fulbright Scholar Program, a doctoral degree or equivalent professional experience is required. For the Fulbright Faculty Development Program, applicants must have at least two years of university teaching experience. Completed undergraduate education and strong academic record are required for the Fulbright Foreign Student Program. A completed university degree and at least five years of substantial professional experience is required for the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program.
- Other specific requirements may apply to each program.
The programs offer equal opportunities to all applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national or ethnic origin, native language, handicap or disability.
On-line applications must be submitted by June 1, 2015. For more information, call 408352 or 408995, or send an e-mail to email@example.com
For the on-line application and more information on the Fulbright Scholar Program, please click here
For the on-line application and more information on the Fulbright Foreign Student Program, please click here
For more information on the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program visit http://www.humphreyfellowship.org/ On-line application available April 1. Check out here – the last year’s application for an idea of the process.