The Young Transatlantic Innovation Leaders Initiative (YTILI) Fellowship Program engages young European entrepreneurs in a series of professional development and leadership activities that are designed to strengthen the transatlantic relationship and encourage European businesses, governments and civil society to develop their innovation ecosystems. The program includes an online and in-person entrepreneurship curriculum; a fellowship placement with a business or organization in one of nine U.S. cities; opening and closing conferences in Chicago and Washington, D.C.; and a regional Innovation Summit in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
The 2021-2022 YTILI Fellowship Program will run from October 2021 to September 2022, with U.S. travel elements scheduled for March 22, 2022 – April 27, 2022.
The YTILI Fellowship Program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State with funding provided by the U.S. Government and supported in its implementation by WorldChicago.
Eligibility requirements for the YTILI fellowship
- Are between the ages of 25 and 35
- Are citizens of Moldova
- Must be living and working in Moldova
- Are eligible for a U.S. J-1 visa. Program participants must return to and reside in Moldova for two years after completion of their program
- Have at least two (2) years of entrepreneurial/leadership experience at the current business or social venture
- Are not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States or have applied for U.S. permanent residence in the last three years
- Are not a U.S. Government employee
- Are proficient in reading, writing and speaking English at the time of application
- Able to begin the YTILI Mini MBA Entrepreneurship Curriculum in November 2021 and their U.S. based experience in March – April 2022
- Have not participated in an exchange visitor program sponsored or funded by the U.S. Department of State in the past five years
Please note: Fellows are not allowed to have dependents (including spouses and children) accompany them during the fellowship, including the U.S. experience and the European Summit.
YTILI Team held the “Ask Me Anything” information session for prospective YTILI applicants to provide an overview of the program and answer some frequently-asked questions about the applications. You can find a recording of the video here.
Online application: https://ytili-worldchicago.org/how-to-apply
If you have questions, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org