The Alumni Small Grants program supports alumni of U.S. government-sponsored exchange programs in and promoting ideas, implementing best practices, and sharing the experiences gained during their U.S. exchange program. Grants support a wide range of programs, including professional and community development, with the ultimate goal of increasing mutual understanding between U.S. and Moldovan citizens. Alumni small grants generally range from $5,000-$25,000.
Projects submitted for funding should address a tangible need in a community and have measurable outcomes. Extra consideration will be given to projects where alumni from the diaspora will implement a project in Moldova and address the current needs of their home communities. We are seeking proposals that advance one or more of the following priorities:
- Fostering Innovation and Supporting Entrepreneurship
- Combatting corruption
- Enhancing Moldova’s Cyber Security posture
- Promoting Moldova’s energy diversification efforts
- Supporting free and fair elections
- Encouraging Good Governance
The U.S. Embassy is also soliciting applications for the Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund (AEIF) 2020, a global competition for USG alumni. The themes for this opportunity are:
- Strengthening the role of women in peace, security, and governance
- Engaging women as partners in preventing terrorism and countering radicalization and recruitment
- Promoting protection of women and girls from violence, abuse, and exploitation
- Supporting women’s political, economic, and civic participation
To see full announcement, please access the Funding Opportunities (Grants) – Alumni Outreach Fund.
Submission Deadline: February 26, 2020, 23:59 (Moldova Time)
Contact: Andrei Cusnir, CusnirAM@state.gov