The Community Solutions Program (CSP) provides community leaders from around the world with an intensive, professional development exchange program in the United States. During a four-months internship CSP fellows gain valuable experience in community work and strengthen their capacity for leadership and development in their home countries.
- Must have citizenship and live permanently in the Republic of Moldova (permanent residents of the Transnistrian region may be considered regardless of citizenship)
- Be eligible for a U.S. J-1 visa. Program participants must return to and reside in Moldova or two years after completion of their program
- Applicants must be between the ages of 25-38
- Applicants must have at least two years of experience working on community development, either as a full-time or part-time employee or volunteer
- Applicants must be living and working in their home country (individuals with refugee status working on behalf of their home community may be given special consideration)
- Applicants must have a high level of proficiency in spoken and written English
For additional eligibility requirements specific to the 2023-2024 application cycle please visit: https://www.irex.org/program/community-solutions-program-application-information
CSP fellows are matched with non-profit organizations, private entities, and government offices across the United States where they work with U.S. colleagues on initiatives related to issues they face in their own communities. Community Solutions leaders work in one of four technical areas: Environmental Issues, Tolerance and Conflict Resolution, Transparency and Accountability, and Women and Gender Issues.
CSP fellows develop innovative community action projects in collaboration with their U.S. host institutions and implement these projects after they return to their home countries to integrate their new skills and knowledge into their community work at home. Project summaries are made available online, allowing fellows to share their work with other community leaders around the world.
Usually, the program is announced in late September with the deadline in late October.
For more information about the program and online application, please visit: https://www.irex.org/program/community-solutions-program-application-information
If you have questions, please contact us at: Educaion-Moldova@state.gov