Opportunity Title: MEDIA SUSTAINABILITY PROGRAM
Opportunity Number: PAS-CHISINAU-FY19-10-MEDIA
CFDA Number: 19.900
CFDA Title: AEECA PD Programs
Program: Media Program (AEECA)
Announcement Type: Open Competition
Announcement Date: Thursday, February 21, 2019
Submission Deadline: Friday, March 29, 2019
Anticipated Award Date: Friday, May 10, 2019
Agency Contact: Tatiana Sanina, SaninaTS@state.gov
The U.S. Embassy seeks qualified organizations that can prove their competency in organizing the hereby described project in the most sustainable and efficient way. The program aims to foster the sustainability of media outlets by improving:
- media managers’ business skills
- transparency and accuracy of television viewership measurement and/or the television advertising market
- the willingness and ability of media outlets to work together, formally or informally, on issues of common concern.
Partnerships, joint efforts and co-funded initiatives are highly encouraged. Successful proposals should include an assessment and sustainability plan, along with feasible solutions to current issues in the media market.
This funding opportunity is authorized by the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961.
The U.S. Embassy will consider awarding grants ranging from $50,000 up to $200,000. Requests outside of these limits can be considered upon request.
Assistance Instruments: Grants or Fixed Amount Awards
Maximum period of performance: up to 24 months
Eligibility is general limited to organizations (NGOs, CSOs, Think-Tanks, etc.) officially registered in the Republic of Moldova.
Organizations submitting proposals must meet the following criteria:
- Grants are made on a one-time basis. No repeat grants will be issued.
- Organizations should have existing, or demonstrate the capacity to develop, active partnerships with in-country entities and relevant stakeholders including the public sector, private sector, and civil society, as relevant to the proposed program objectives.
- Organizations may form consortia and submit a combined proposal. However, one organization should be designated as the lead applicant.
- Organizations may submit only one proposal.
- Public Affairs Section reserves the right to request additional background information on applicants that do not have previous experience administering federal grant awards, and these applicants may be subject to limited funding on a pilot basis.
- Please note: the Department of State prohibits profit under its assistance awards to for-profit or commercial organizations. No funds will be paid as profit to any recipient. Profit is defined as any amount in excess of allowable direct and indirect costs. The permissibility of costs incurred by commercial organizations is determined in accordance with the provisions of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) at 48 CFR Part 31, Cost Accounting Standards, and Part 31 Contract Cost Principles and Procedures. Program income earned by the recipient must be deducted from the total project or program allowable cost in determining the net allowable costs on which the federal share of costs is based.
- Please note: no entity listed on the Excluded Parties List System in the System for Award Management (SAM) is eligible for any assistance or can participate in any activities under an award in accordance with the OMB guidelines at 2 CFR 180 that implement Executive Orders 12549 (3 CFR Part 1986 Comp., p. 189) and 12689 (3 CFR Part 1989 Comp., p. 235), “Debarment and Suspension.” All applicants are strongly encouraged to review the Excluded Parties List System in SAM (www.sam.gov) to ensure that no ineligible entity is included.
The Media Development Grants Program cannot fund:
- Organizations with affiliation to elected officials, political parties, or religious groups;
- Humanitarian or charitable activities, including direct social services to populations;
- Fundraising campaigns;
- Career development;
- Political or partisan activities;
- Scientific research;
- Individual trips abroad;
- Trade activities; or
- Health projects.
Click here for APPLICATION AND SUBMISSION INFORMATION