Last updated: October 7, 2022
The CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers.
Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
Entry and Exit Requirements:
- Are there COVID-related entry requirements for U.S. citizens? No.
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? No.
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? No.
Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No
Anyone who believes they have symptoms or might have been exposed to COVID-19 should contact their primary care physician or call 112. U.S. citizens must quarantine if quarantine is recommended by a doctor.
- Are PCR and/or antigen tests available for U.S. citizens in Moldova? Yes
- If so, are test results reliably available within 72 hours? Yes
- COVID-19 testing is available at both public and private medical laboratories. U.S. citizens who do not have Moldovan health insurance and a Moldovan family doctor can go to a private medical laboratory to request a test. Private laboratories will require payment at the time of service. Prices range from 450 to 600 Moldovan lei (MDL) (approximately $30-35). Private clinics in Chisinau include, but are not limited to, Medexpert, Invitro Diagnostics, and Alfa Diagnostica Laborator MD has a rapid antigen test available in 20 minutes. Antigen tests are available at the Chisinau Airport for 450 MDL with results in one hour.
- Private clinics make test results available by email and physical copy. There is no guarantee that tests or results will be available to meet your departure timing requirements.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Has the Government of Moldova approved a COVID-19 vaccine for use? Yes
- Are vaccines available in Moldova for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes
- Moldova is now vaccinating the general public. As of February 10, 2022, anyone present in Moldova can be vaccinated. For more information on vaccination in Moldova, visit https://vaccinare.gov.md/.
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- The United States Government does not plan to provide COVID-19 vaccinations to private U.S. citizens overseas. Please follow host country developments and guidelines for COVID-19 vaccination.
- Forthcoming information on vaccine availability in Moldova will be available on the website of the Moldovan Ministry of Health.
- Information from the CDC regarding COVID-19 vaccination.
- Moldovan Border Police
- Toma Ciorba Hospital for Infectious Diseases in Chisinau.
- Municipal Clinical Hospital of Contagious Diseases for Children in Chisinau.
- Republican Clinical Hospital in Chisinau.
- Moldovan Bureau for Migration and Asylum
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and European Integration for the Republic of Moldova, Consular Affairs
- Is a curfew in place? No
- Are there restrictions on intercity or interstate travel? No