Internal Revenue Service (U.S. Taxes)

There is no IRS office at the American Embassy in Chisinau nor does the Embassy in Chisinau have the ability to provide answers to specific questions about income taxes.

The IRS Home Page at provides useful information for taxpayers and should be your first stop for routine tax questions and forms.

The United States taxes its citizens on their worldwide income. Even if you are eligible to exclude a certain amount (or all) of your earned income in a given year, you must file a U.S. tax return in order to claim that exclusion.

Neither the IRS nor the Embassy can advise you or provide forms for U.S. state/local or Moldovan taxes. Questions about U.S. state or local taxes should be directed to the appropriate state or local authority.