If you change your name, please bring the following:
- Application Form: If your current passport is less than one year old, please fill out the “U.S. Passport Re-Application Form” (DS-5504) on https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/apply-renew-passport/change-correct.html.
- The passport that needs the change.
- Two passport photos 2″ by 2″ (5 cm x 5 cm). For additional information on passport photos, go to https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/photos/photos.html.
- You’ll need to bring legal documentation supporting any requested change. For example, your original marriage certificate showing your new spouse’s name or an original court order showing a legal name change. We cannot accept copies, and we reserve the right to request additional documentation.
- Fee : For a list of fees and forms used for passport applications go to https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/information/fees.html. We accept the payment in U.S. Dollars, Moldovan Lei or credit card.
How Long Does It Take?
Processing time is about seven to ten days after we receive your completed application and approve it. All passports are now printed in the United States and must be shipped to Moldova. Because computers break, emergencies happen, and mail is sometimes delivered late, we suggest that you do not make any unchangeable travel plans until you have the new passport in hand.