These are the things you will need to apply for your passport:
- Proof of Your Identity: ID can be proved through a government-issued photo ID document, such as your passport or a state-issued ID card. All documents must be originals.
- Proof of Your Citizenship: For first-time applicants, citizenship is proven through an official birth certificate or naturalization/citizenship certificate, or a Consular Report of Birth Abroad. All documents must be originals. Go to http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/w2w.htm to learn how to obtain a copy of your birth certificate or other vital records. If you are over 16 and renewing an existing passport, the old passport is your proof of citizenship and must be presented.
- Application Form: Please submit one copy of Form DS-11 or DS-82 or DS-5504, whichever is appropriate. These forms can be found at http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/forms.html
Note that the form you print must be clear and sharp, with black print on white paper. The paper must be letter or A-4 size. Thermal paper, dye-sublimation paper, special inkjet paper, and other similar papers are not acceptable.
- Photo 2″ X 2″ (or 5 cm X 5 cm).
Go to http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/photos/photos.html for additional information on Passport Photos.
- Fee Payment. Please go to https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/information/fees.html for a list of fees and forms used for passport applications.
We accept payment in U.S. Dollars or Moldovan Lei via cash or credit card. Personal checks are not accepted.