Social Security Information:
If you reside in Moldova and have questions regarding services provided by the Social Security Administration (SSA), you must contact the SSA Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) located in Greece. For more information on their services and how to contact them, please visit their webpage at: https://gr.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/social-security/.
For comprehensive information on SSA’s services abroad, please visit SSA’s webpage Service Around the World.
If you are already receiving SSA benefits payments, there will be no change in the method of distribution of those payments.
- For your payments while you are outside the United States go to https://www.ssa.gov/international/countrylist1.htm .
- For an application for a Social Security Card go to
- For a U.S. Social Security how to page go to http://www.ssa.gov/pgm/popular.htm.
- For international agreements on Social Security go to http://www.ssa.gov/international/index.html.
- For links to foreign government Social Security web pages for other countries go to http://www.ssa.gov/international/links.html.
Medicare benefits are not available outside the United States. For information about Medicare see http://www.medicare.gov/.