The Embassy of the United States of America announces another competition for assistance awards through the Democracy Grants Program. The U.S. Embassy invites Moldovan Civil Society Organizations, including independent mass media, to submit projects with the purpose of furthering the development of democracy and civil society in Moldova.
For this competition, the U.S. Embassy welcomes projects related to the following priorities:
- Strengthening and promotion of civil society, democratic institutions.
- Institutionalization of open, pluralistic, and democratic political processes at the local level.
- Civic education
- Public participation in decision making;
- Free flow of information, freedom of speech, transparency in government and good governance;
- Supporting independent media
- Confidence building
The program does not support: Humanitarian assistance or charitable activities; health projects, political or partisan activities; scientific research; conferences and/or individual trips abroad; trade activities.
Award Period: between 6 and 12 months
Award Amount: between $5,000 and $24,000
Application Submission Process:
Application Deadline: All applications must be submitted on or before October 30, 2015, 11:59 PM (Moldova time). Applications submitted after the deadline will not be eligible for consideration. Please begin the application process early, as this will allow time to address any technical difficulties that may arise in advance of the deadline. There will be no exceptions to this application deadline.
Tel.: (+373 22) 85-17-06 or (+373 22) 85-17-07;