The Embassy of the United States of America announces an open Grants Competition for English teaching organizations in Moldova. During this round, the English Grants Competition Program provides funding opportunities to organizations such as NGOs, private language schools, government agencies, and universities to demonstrate the United States support and commitment to improve education and English teaching in Moldova.
For this competition, the U.S. Embassy welcomes proposals that help promote and improve English teaching. The U.S. Embassy will prioritize proposals that involve some of the following: English writing skills for entrepreneurship (including business and academic writing skills) and projects that focus on improving English for critical thinking (for students and teachers).
Proposals can include activities such as:
- An annual conference for Moldovan English language teachers
- Regular enhancement activities for teachers and prospective teachers (including teachers of other subjects, who teach their subjects in English)
- Regional workshops or activities, which would involve regional teachers (including Gagauzia and Transnistria)
- Organizing English language summer camps for pre-service teachers and teachers
- Promoting and integrating online teaching tools in the educational process
- Integrating innovative uses of materials, techniques, or technology to improve learning and/or reach new audiences (Note: The U.S. Embassy will not fund any IT equipment and other materials through this grant).
- Promoting teachers’ (academic) English writing skills
Award Period: Up to 12 months
Award Amount: We will consider projects totaling up to $20,000 with a minimum of $5,000
Deadline for submission of proposals: 11:59 PM, Moldova Time, July 12, 2016 to MoldovaGrants@state.gov
For questions related to the program details and application process please email: MoldovaGrants@state.gov