Entry Status Check and Interviews for DV-2021:
- Beginning June 6, 2020, DV-2021 entrants can use their unique confirmation number provided at registration to see if they have been selected via the online Entrant Status Check state.gov to see if their entry was selected.
- DV-021 interviews can be scheduled after October 1, 2020 but may be delayed due to the pandemic. Please watch for announcements regarding interview scheduling.
- There are additional changes to the application procedures to combat fraud and protect applicants from unscrupulous visa facilitators. Please see the latest DV instructions at state.gov for more details.
Notice Regarding Registration for DV-2022:
- Registration for the Diversity Visa Program in Fiscal Year 2022 will begin on October 7, 2020 at 7pm (Moldova local time). Please go to state.gov for complete instructions on how to register your entry.
- Entries will be accepted until 7pm (Moldova local time) on November 10, 2020. No entries will be accepted after this time.
- Entries MUST be made at the State Department Diversity Visa Entry portal: https://dvprogram.state.gov/. Entrants will be able to use their unique confirmation number provided at registration to check the online Entrant Status Check at state.gov to see if their entry was selected on May 8, 2021.
- Safeguard your confirmation number – it is your key to your application if you are selected.
- Any website that does not end in state.gov is not a valid website for registering your Diversity Visa Program entry. Many websites are made to appear to be valid, but are used to steal your personal data and enter your registration.
- All DV entries must be made online through the Department’s Electronic Diversity Visa (EDV) website, regardless of whether a facilitator assists an individual with the process.
- Unscrupulous visa facilitators have been known to assist entrants with their entries, retain the confirmation page, and then demand more money in exchange for information on the entry. Some facilitators have even required illegal action on the part of the selectee to obtain the notification package. Entrants can avoid this by ensuring they receive the unique confirmation number at the time of entry.
- There is no cost to submit an entry. The registration application is free and easy to fill out online. If you do not register your own entry, the Embassy may not be able to confirm your registration or selection status.
- Successful entrants are not notified by email of the status of their E-DV online entry. Any email claiming to notify entrants they have been selected for the DV program is not legitimate. Entrants can only access information on their application through the online Entrant Status Check at https://dvprogram.state.gov/.
- You will not be charged any payment by the U.S. government until you arrive at the Embassy to interview for the visa.
If you suspect that you have been the victim of fraud, please contact the U.S. Embassy at ChisinauVisas@state.gov
The Department of State annually administers the statutorily-created Diversity Immigrant Visa Program. Section 203(c) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) provides for a class of immigrants known as “diversity immigrants” from countries with historically low rates of immigration to the United States.
To apply for a diversity visa, follow the steps on the Diversity Visa Process on usvisas.state.gov. Once you have completed those steps, review the instructions given to you by the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC), along with the information presented on this website, for further guidance and instructions.
You must have been born in, or at the time of registration be married to someone who was born in, a country that is included in the Diversity Visa program for that fiscal year. This list of countries included complete instructions can be found here. Persons born in Moldova, Romania, Ukraine, and Russia can submit entries for DV-2022. Other qualifications, including education or work experience, will apply if you are selected for an interview.
To Register Your Diversity Visa (DV) Program Entry you need:
- A current, valid passport
- A current (less than 6 months old) photograph of yourself and of each family member (spouse and children)
- Internet access
Applicants can access the electronic DV entry form (E-DV) at the official E-DV website: https://dvprogram.state.gov/ during the registration period. The Department accepts DV entries ONLY through the E-DV site, which has complete instructions. DV instructions also are available on the Department of State’s public webpage at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/diversity-visa-program-entry/diversity-visa-instructions.html. There is no fee to enter.
Each applicant can submit only one entry. If you are married, your spouse may also submit their own entry that includes you as a family member. Duplicate entries, entries with incorrect information, or entries not using a recent photograph may be disqualified. Failure to list all family members, even if you do not live together, may result in being disqualified.
IMPORTANT: You must print and retain your online confirmation page after completing the DV entry. You will need it to check the status of your case – to see if you have been selected – after May 8, 2021, and to complete the process to schedule the visa interview. Interviews will likely be scheduled after October 20, 2021.